Soft Stripes Pattern (download)
Knit yourself a stack of these soft cowls! The garter stitch stripe pushes the wool out to the right side of the cowl, leaving the delightfully soft alpaca/silk to line the inside.
• MC: 100 grams of worsted weight wool or wool blend yarn
• CC: 25 grams of a fuzzy mohair or alpaca blend lace weight yarn
• size US 9 / 5 mm (or size needed to obtain gauge), 24” circular needle
• one stitch marker for marking your beginning of round
• tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
For the first sample, I used 1 skein of Lanas from Berroco Yarns in color # 95134 and 1 skein of Nephelai Veil from AJHC Wools in color “Bob’s Happy Little Trees”.
For the other sample, I used 2 skeins of Kureyon from Noro Yarns in color #393 and 1 skein of Cumulus from Fyberspates in color # 918 Indigo.